Saturday 17 March 2012

A mothers day present for my mum

This year, instead of the normal kinds of mothers day presents, I decided that I wanted to try something new and use some crackle paint on a photo frame. I had never done it before but thought I'd give it a go.

Here is the frame to start with from Wilkinsons: 
 I took out the glass and the backings and put them to the side which left this:
 I used some picket fence crackle paint:
Covered the entire frame: 
Then I got out my heat gun and crackled all the paint: 
Here is is all crackle painted: 
I covered the back in just normal white paint as I didn't want the wood colour to stand out if its visible from the side.

I used to thin ribbon to wrap around the bottoms of each frame:
 Green is my mum's favourite colour
 I bought some of these pretty flowers which were originally on metal stalks but I cut off the metal stalks so that I could stick them on like this. I used some silicon glue to stick it on so that they were fully secure and I could get them at the angle that I wanted.
Added some flowers to the middle frame with the yellow ribbon:
I then used a couple of Kanban stamps that I cut out using my craft knife and coloured with my promarkers
 This one was painful! It took soooo long but it was worth it!!
Here is the final frame: 

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. 

Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments :o)