Monday 11 February 2013

Tree button frame

I made this the night before I was due to be induced, I managed to finish it in an evening. 
I started off with a large Ribba IKEA frame although the inside cardboard frame was a little larger than I wanted so I used my craft knife to trim it down a bit, I wanted it to be about an inch wide. 

I used some crayola chalks to do the background and then rubbed it with kitchen roll in order to achieve the desired background effect. 

I then roughly laid out the buttons of the trunk where I wanted them and stuck them down
I then did the same thing with the red, yellow and orange buttons of the "leaves" before sticking them down.
Here it is out of the frame:
Here is a close up of the "leaves"
Close up of the trunk
I had the heart button which fitted perfectly in the big brown button so I had to use it:

Then here it is in the glass frame:

I am so proud of this, not 100% where i'm going to put it yet but if I can't find a home for it here my mum really wants it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments :o)